PDA

View Full Version : World Junior Championships

siraks
12-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Always a great tournament to watch over the holidays. Ellis and Kassian made it from the spits, it'll help Canada for sure in the offensive area especially the way Kassian is playing as of late. Too bad for the spits though losing their top two players for a few weeks. Canada as always has a legitimate chance to win gold but the U.S. is favored this year because of their gold last year, could possibly have a Canada vs USA final again. Canada plays Russia boxing day at 3pm so that should be exciting.
Canada is also playing an exhibition game against Sweden on the 21st at the ACC, tickets are pretty cheap if anyone is going out that way.
that's all i got.

Average Joe
12-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I always love watching that tourney! Should be another good one this year.

siraks
12-22-2010, 02:37 PM
if Canada's first two games are any indication they should have a solid team,
monday they destroyed Switzerland and were all over them, tuesday they played Sweden and it was a tougher battle they were slow and not as quick as the game on monday but they are just pre-tourney games. their last warmup is against Finland on thurs or friday then the tournament starts boxing day at 330pm, well for Canada anyway. hope they make it to the gold medal game at least, so exciting. go Canada and go Spits

Average Joe
12-29-2010, 12:06 PM
So far the tourney is going well. Definitely have a contending team here.

Mike
12-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Kassian has been suspended for 2 games for his hit on the Czech player yesterday.

siraks
12-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Kassian has been suspended for 2 games for his hit on the Czech player yesterday.

ya that was weak sauce,
it was a solid hit but they are going overboard with it. if they gave him the match then 1 game but not 2.

siraks
12-30-2010, 09:19 AM
well after the beating canada gave norway kassian gets a nice break now and is not needed, the game means nothing other than pride friday night.
on to the semis we go.

jc7184
01-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Huge game tonight with Canada facing the US! Should be a good one! Hopefully our goaltending holds up and we pull out the win and maybe we can get a rematch with Sweden! Go Canada Go!

deliman
01-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Great game last night, our boys really laid it on, bring on the Russians now!!!!

siraks
01-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Great game last night, our boys really laid it on, bring on the Russians now!!!!

it was nice to get that first goal early and then getting up 2-0 in the first made the 2nd period a bit easier to watch. once that 3rd goal came though it was way easier to watch and i wasn't so nervous for them, made it go by a lot better for sure.

wednesdays game should be great can't wait, russia playing with renewed vigor could make for a rivalry reborn. also funny to see kassian on the break away and score on campbell. i'm sure they'll keep that one going all season for the spits. campbell played great, canada just played better, he kept the usa in it all game with huge saves.

Average Joe
01-05-2011, 11:35 AM
So pumped up for the game tonight! Hopefully we can pull out a win.

jc7184
01-06-2011, 10:10 AM
well that was pure ugly...... nothing else can describe it.....

siraks
01-06-2011, 11:52 AM
well that was pure ugly...... nothing else can describe it.....

for 2 periods it was good, then in the 3rd they looked as if they've never played hockey together. passes weren't on target they couldn't mount any pressure, like they forgot everything they learned.
i did say the russians were playing with renewed vigor from their come back wins and they did it again, props to them. i watched all the games and i knew it wasn't going to be easy and as soon as that third period started i just dropped a WTF lol. oh well, silver is good but canada is gold or bust so it was bust.
guess we'll just have to win in calgary next year :)

Average Joe
01-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Heart breaker.

kagazuda
02-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I dint get a chance to attend but I really wanted too.