PDA

View Full Version : Glad to know i can't be sued for my shanked shots now lol

siraks
12-21-2010, 11:32 AM
crazy to think this could happen, i understand the risks and pay attention and the fact that the guy went ahead and looked for his ball should have been looking back IMO to see his friend shoot. there are plenty of times that i'll go ahead and be in the line of fire so to speak but i'm always paying attention to make sure a slice isn't coming my way, especially if my ball is in a spot that i know i need to see if it's there now i'll trudge ahead but always err on the side of caution. feel bad for the guy that lost his eye site but you almost have to fault both guys in this case, the guy who shot because he didn't warn his friend he was taking a shot and the guy that got hit for not paying attention to his group. golf you want to keep the pace going and i have friends that go ahead but the guy shooting is always aware of where his friends are. now if a guy wandered onto my fairway as i shot that's too bad lol..

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Slices, hooks and other errant shots are a common hazard on the links and a golfer can't expect to get a warning shout of "Fore!" every time a ball comes his way, New York's top court ruled Tuesday in dismissing a personal injury lawsuit.

Dr. Anoop Kapoor and Dr. Azad Anand were playing on a nine-hole Long Island course in October 2002 when Anand was hit in the head while looking for his ball on a fairway, blinding him in one eye. The seven judges on the state Court of Appeals, siding with lower courts, said Kapoor's failure to yell in advance of his errant shot from the rough did not amount to intentional or reckless conduct.

REST OF ARTICLE HERE (http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=5942382)

Mike
12-21-2010, 01:50 PM
So your good in NY state at least .

Sometimes I have no idea where my ball goes when i shank a shot, too bad that guy got it right in the eye. I've also hit a shot that ricocheted off the hole layout stone and ended up behind me off the tee.

Crazy game.

Average Joe
12-21-2010, 03:09 PM
That's it ... I am wearing safety glasses on the course from now on! lol