PDA

View Full Version : fundraising ideas

miss nimo
01-24-2011, 08:21 PM
hi people. i am kind of new in windsor. i am contesting for miss canada and i need fundraising ideas. would appreciate the advice. thanks a lot guys. i am also representing windsor in the pageant

siraks
01-26-2011, 09:57 AM
cool beans.
there are car washes, pasta dinners you could throw, you can go to businesses and ask for donations and have a raffle?
you could go to a nightclub/bar and get a fundraiser party thrown where you charge cover and get the proceeds etc... (themed parties)
or get a band to play, i have some connections in the downtown area as well.
i know leo's comedy corner is pretty good with fundraisers ... i can get you the contact for the people that run that one i'm friends with them and have gone to fundraiser parties there in the past.

bake sales outside the market?

just a matter of what you'd be into i guess.

well good luck and i'll get you some of that contact info

miss nimo
01-26-2011, 08:34 PM
thank you so much. Would definitely appreciate all the contacts I can get because all this is so new to me so I don't really know much about fund raising. Thank you very much. Really appreciate it

bommie
02-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Is it done?
Just want to share my thoughts. Scratch card fundraising (http://www.redhotfundraisingideas.com/Fundraising/scratch-and-win-fundraisers.html) is an excellent option and is great alternative to candy bars, lollipops, or brochure sales. Scratch cards offer a quick and easy fundraising solution. Just ask supporters to participate by scratching off one or two of the 50 donation dots on each scratch card. Donation dots range from $0.50 to $3.00. People love to scratch and will often scratch off more than two donation dots. Each scratch card will raise $100. After they have scratched off their dots they get coupon sheet valued at $150 as a “Thank You”.

bommie
05-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Have you tried online fundraising? Online fundraising enables nonprofits to reach out to donors they could not reach using traditional methods, even if they could afford and support a national fundraising campaign. The individual donors for the campaigns described above are scattered across the U.S.—but a few clicks away from supporting their causes. It will provides benefits (http://www.redhotfundraisingideas.com/Fundraising/fund-raising-opportunities-with-the-social-web.html) for nonprofits regardless of their size – extended reach to potential donors, cost-effective collection, the ability to create, adjust, and direct an appeal almost instantaneously, fast access to donated funds, flexible reporting.