PDA

View Full Version : So whats good these days

Mike
07-27-2010, 11:06 PM
What are some of your favorite restaurants around Windsor?

Anything new that's good, old favs?

siraks
07-28-2010, 11:18 AM
I heard the new HOI sushi place is good, IGUANA is always good but heard service can be slow sometimes. All depends on what you're looking for.
VITO'S the new place on wyandotte in walkerville is supposed to be really good, still haven't hit up these places myself but may try one this weekend. If someone can give me a good review of either i'll try it out. thanks

Average Joe
07-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Haven't really been anywhere "new" lately, but I do have some "old" favorites. I always like the Keg downtown. The food is reliably good, the atmosphere ranges from a lively bar out front with comfortable seating and great views, to quiet more intimate tables in the back of the restaurant. And the staff are always friendly and usually quite attentive. Smoke n Spice on Ottawa St. has outstanding BBQ. I absolutely am in love with their smoked wings, and the BBQ Beans. They have great sauces too! If you decide to hit smoke n spice be sure to get there in good time, cause when they run out of something they are out for the night. For sushi, I love this place ... Quick Sushi (http://www.quicksushi.com) on Cabana Rd.

Mike
07-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah the view at the keg is great. I went to the bistro at the river the other day for the first time. The steak salad was really good, I'd def. get it again there.

Love the wings at smoke n spice...

beefer18
08-03-2010, 01:11 PM
The Keg is generally a good option, i find I need to order steaks more rare as I find they tend to over cook. Chanoso's avocado egg rolls are always good, there stirfries are tasty and the goat cheese salad is very yummy. Anyone have good ideas for lunch places? I like a big salad for lunch and they seem few and far between...

BlueAndWhite
08-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Possibly the opposite of the salad option for lunch ... I noticed a new place downtown that I want to try out sometime soon. It's called Frenchy's Poutinery. That just HAS to have some good stuff that I would enjoy. I will report back once I have checked it out. (Great now I have the wildest craving for Poutine! lol)

beefer18
08-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Going to Frenchy's tomorrow for lunch, I think I will need to wear stretchy pants! I wish I could view their menu online. Although maybe it's a good thing as to not make me crave it right now!

Average Joe
08-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Going to Frenchy's tomorrow for lunch, I think I will need to wear stretchy pants! I wish I could view their menu online. Although maybe it's a good thing as to not make me crave it right now!

Please report back on your experience. I really need to make time to go to this place soon. I have been craving Fries with Gravy and Squeaky Cheese Curds for days now!!! lol

uzie
08-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Possibly the opposite of the salad option for lunch ... I noticed a new place downtown that I want to try out sometime soon. It's called Frenchy's Poutinery. That just HAS to have some good stuff that I would enjoy. I will report back once I have checked it out. (Great now I have the wildest craving for Poutine! lol)

I worked downtown and have never heard of this place... whats it all about

siraks
08-18-2010, 09:14 AM
I worked downtown and have never heard of this place... whats it all about

it's pretty new. next to peppers on ouellette and park. it's poutine that's it with a bunch of toppings, you get to decide what you want on it. it's not just gravy and curds of cheese, you can get veggies, different meats and all sorts of stuff on your poutine to make it a very filling meal.
these types of places are big in toronto and montreal but now trickling down here, same with the burrito place.

BecauseISaidSo
08-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I eat out quite a bit especially to sit outside for lunc when its nice out. Ive been to Frenchy's, its really good.
For a nice dinner though, I always lean toward Caseys, the service is good and pretty much everything I've tried has been amazing.
For Sushi, I always make the drive out to Lakeshore and go to Niko, Ive been to a few other places and they just don't compare.
I always suggest Terra Cotta for pizza, its made to order and have really great pizza ideas, and on Mondays its 2 4 1.
For a quick bite I suggest Penatly Box, their Veggie Pitas are fantastic, and always hit the spot,

sebas085
08-26-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm a big fan of the wood burning oven pizza's at Caboto Club. They used to have 2 for 1 Sunday's not sure if that still applies but, the pizza is top notch.

Average Joe
09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm a big fan of the wood burning oven pizza's at Caboto Club. They used to have 2 for 1 Sunday's not sure if that still applies but, the pizza is top notch.

I think I know what I am ordering this Sunday! :)

Thatonegoodman
01-06-2011, 04:08 PM
another nod for the Avacado Egg Rolls at Chanoso's.

scamp
01-06-2011, 07:02 PM
it's pretty new. next to peppers on ouellette and park. it's poutine that's it with a bunch of toppings, you get to decide what you want on it. it's not just gravy and curds of cheese, you can get veggies, different meats and all sorts of stuff on your poutine to make it a very filling meal.
these types of places are big in toronto and montreal but now trickling down here, same with the burrito place.

Where is the Burrito Place???

Does anyone list these places on http://www.windsorspots.com/?

I find it a quick and easy place to find a restaurant for whatever craving I might have.

patriciab
04-12-2011, 06:52 PM
A big favourite of mine is the Lumberjack. I also love Montana's, Boston Pizza and East Side Mario's.

knitnicoleknit
04-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Frenchy's is awesome. Regular and vegetarian gravy, fresh cut fries, loads of options for toppings (pulled pork, roasted peppers, mushrooms, onions, hot peppers etc) and super affordable. They also have sliders.

Windsor Spots
04-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Frenchy's is awesome. Regular and vegetarian gravy, fresh cut fries, loads of options for toppings (pulled pork, roasted peppers, mushrooms, onions, hot peppers etc) and super affordable. They also have sliders.

Where the heck is Frenchy's? Sounds intriguing...

knitnicoleknit
04-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Where the heck is Frenchy's? Sounds intriguing...

Right downtown, just north of old Peppers/new Crave Grill

Windsor Spots
04-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Right downtown, just north of old Peppers/new Crave Grill

Thanks... don't think we have that one listed at WindsorSpots.