Thread: Want REAL Mexican food?

Want REAL Mexican food?

Try The MexicanGrill at 19 Laird Ave in Essex.

See their ad on Kijiji; http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-services-...AdIdZ244824255

They'll be moving to a larger place at, 1404 Tecumseh Rd. East, just after the new year

Check out their web site with their menu at;

http://www.themexicangrillrestaurant.com/

i LOVE mexican food! how are the nachos and salsa??? I really like the ones at mexican town in detroit... are they comparable??

I'm looking forward to their move to Windsor. I've heard the advertisements on the radio for them.

I'm looking forward to them relocating too... if you can't wait, take a trip to Essex or even better, they're having a New Years party too... mexican style! Areeba... (probably spelled wrong) lol
    Windsor Spots - Windsors Only Online Dining and Entertainment Guide with it's own iPhone App
    Get Your Free Windsor iPhone App today!

Quote Originally Posted by windchick View Post
    i LOVE mexican food! how are the nachos and salsa??? I really like the ones at mexican town in detroit... are they comparable??
    I have never been to Mexican town in Detroit, because of a bad experience I had in Detroit many years ago and I have never been back to Detroit since, so I can't compare the two.

I can only say that I totally enjoyed the dishes I have had at The MexicanGrill...... the Carne Asada Steak Tacos, the Burrito Mexican Grill (which is huge), and the Mexican Salsa Steak.

In my opinion it is worth the trip to Essex.

Check out their menu online...... http://themexicangrillrestaurant.com/menu

I LOVE Carne Asada! Going to have to check this place out when it comes to Windsor.

sure....you forgot the yeeehaaaaa!!!!! lol ( this answer was for mis spelling areeeba...)

I tried the Mexican Grill just before Christmas when they were still in Essex.

The place looked clean enough, and the Tacos looked and tasted OK , but I got sick hours later with vomiting and diarrhea.

It couldn't have been from anything else, because all I had were the Tacos and coke, and nothing else from that time until I got sick at home.

Needless to say that I WON'T be trying the food at their new place in Windsor.

Once bitten twice shy.

Maybe it was something you had before you ate there????

I haven't heard anyone else complain.

Quote Originally Posted by augustchild View Post
    I tried the Mexican Grill just before Christmas when they were still in Essex.

The place looked clean enough, and the Tacos looked and tasted OK , but I got sick hours later with vomiting and diarrhea.

It couldn't have been from anything else, because all I had were the Tacos and coke, and nothing else from that time until I got sick at home.

Needless to say that I WON'T be trying the food at their new place in Windsor.

Once bitten twice shy.
    the flu has been going around big time over the new year holiday and i missed new years because of it. people thought i had food poisoning but it was definitely the flu. so it could be just bad timing, i thought it was the home made burgers we had but it wasn't.