Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy your groceries?

Administrator

Where do you buy your groceries?

With the amount of money that go towards groceries I've been shopping around more and more lately, so I wanted to know where people are finding good deals.

I was in Fresh Co. the other day for the first time since they have switched over from Price Chopper and found a lot of good deals especially on brand name items, the store seemed a lot nicer now as well as carrying more selections it seemed.

Mr. Meat market is always a good price for boneless skinless chicken breast compared to the supermarkets in Windsor.

Any other local suggestions?

I have to agree with Mike about FreshCo. It's a much nicer store than Price Chopper was and their prices are competitive.

While Freshco looks much better, their choices of same products is still small. They still don't have the variety of like items and the only real improvement I see is in the meat department but they removed the deli which is a shame. And they have those blasted 25 cent carts again..... I hate those things!

Price wise you need to be careful.... I thought I was getting a good deal on this lunch meat but the only reason it was cheaper is because the packaging was smaller. I noticed this on several products.

I don't like Food Basics but the fact is they still have the best deals along with the largest selection... to me you can't go wrong there. Just shop the specials at other outlets.
    Windsor Spots - Windsors Only Online Dining and Entertainment Guide with it's own iPhone App
    Get Your Free Windsor iPhone App today!

I do some of my shopping at Costco, and what I can't find there I can get at The Superstore on Walker Rd on my way back home.

Combining trips saves on gasoline.

We usually shop at RCSS on walker, but that is much more to do with convenience than savings. We try to watch for sales and stock up on items when they are on sale, but I know we could be saving some money shopping elsewhere. Occasionally we hit multiple places for groceries. Should likely do this way more than we do. Every dollar counts at the end of the day.

For veggies....I love Josephs Market. The Sandwich Towne grocery store has pretty good meat and I get a lot there because it is close to home.

I really like MR meat as well, great prices and I like that it is a local family business. I agree LadyMeoww, Josephs is great too! I love that both are next door to each other. FreshCo really looks so much better, a needed facelift indeed. I am always a fan of PC product so I think I will forever shop at Zehrs and Superstore.

I love the Superstore idea...it is just plain fun to browse around where you can find at least one of everything ...convenient and some pretty good prices.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsor Spots View Post
    While Freshco looks much better, their choices of same products is still small. They still don't have the variety of like items and the only real improvement I see is in the meat department but they removed the deli which is a shame. And they have those blasted 25 cent carts again..... I hate those things!

Price wise you need to be careful.... I thought I was getting a good deal on this lunch meat but the only reason it was cheaper is because the packaging was smaller. I noticed this on several products.
    I read an article in the paper the other day talking about how a lot of brand named packaged good have moved to smaller packages instead of raising prices. Orange Juice, chips, cookies, etc.

The fresh co in La Salle doesn't have the 25cent carts enabled, but they do have the coin slot on the carts. The no deli isn't the best but I find getting a bunch of stuff there and the rest at Zehers is the way to go, along with meats from MR Meat market. His steaks are so much better than the ones Zehers carries imo.

..going to smaller packaging is just a roundabout way of raising prices. They may start lower at first but the price goes up and we just quietly accept it...must just be signs of the times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast