Thread: New years eve??

New years eve??

Opinion poll....New Years Eve....go out and party or stay at home? Which do you prefer?

Administrator
    I never end up planning anything most years so it ends up just being a normal night, with hard to get taxis, and pricy drinks if you go out.

That being said, I usually mix it up, going out can be fun if you have nothing better planned. I find no one wants to commit to house parties unless its going to be crazy awesome. People just keep waiting for something better to come along.

personally, I do not enjoy being around a lot of people who have had too much to drink. I opt for the quieter times with a few close friends. It is too hard to get taxi's and even then...you are trusting someone else with your life. Nope. Stay home or get to where I am going really early and stay there til the coast is clear...my daughter's friend was at the Cleary years ago and had drank quite a bit...thought he was funny and slid down the bannister. Unfortunately, he fell off the wrong side because he lost his balance. Eighteen is way too young to die. I remember the look on my daughters face when she found out. I think that had a lot to do with my decision to always be extra careful on New Years Eve.

wow LadyMeoww, that is awful about your daughters friend. I can certainly see how new years loses its appeal after something so sad. I agree with mike that it tends to be a normal night. Usually end up staying home and not wanting to fight off the crowds and people for taxis. I do however think Las Vegas would be a fun place to ring in the new year. Any one done that before?

I'm heading up to Niagara Falls with the girlfriend and some friends. I've gone before and it was pretty good. Usually head to boston pizza on clifton hill to watch the Canada world junior game then there is a free outdoor concert right across from the falls. This years concert has Kardinal offishall, barenaked ladies and great big sea with fireworks at midnight! Should be a good time again yet super cold!

Went to Caesars Windsor for the countdown last year. It was a good time, with lots of people and good music. I recommend going there!

My friends and I are going to Average Joe's on Lauzon this year.... only $20 and close to home. Normally we just go over to each others house, watch a movie and then watch the ball fall but we wanted a little more excitement this year. If you're still looking for a place to go we have about 16 different places listed at Windsor Spots.... just click the sig at the bottom and do a search for new years eve. Hope everyone has a great new year...
    Windsor Spots - Windsors Only Online Dining and Entertainment Guide with it's own iPhone App
    Get Your Free Windsor iPhone App today!