Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do in Windsor with your kids

Administrator

What to do in Windsor with your kids

So what are some good places to bring your kids for an afternoon of fun in the city or area?

I always hear people complaining about a lack of things to do, so lets hear some ideas!

My sister and brother-in-law were here this weekend and they took their 2 boys (ages 9 & 12) to point pelee and then to a nearby beach with their boogie boards. They lucked out that it was windy and had a fantastic time riding the waves. I struggle with ideas on what to do with younger children, my other nephews are ages 3 & 6, where are some good places to take them on a rainy saturday???

I have two boys age 4, and on a rainy day, they are fans of places like Jungaroo and Monkey Town (they have almost outgrown Monkey Town in my opinion). Both are indoor play centers with Monkey Town focusing on recreating some elements of a big person's world like the supermarket, workshops, office environments ... all for little kids, and Jungaroo being a nice padded indoor playground. Both are great to get kids out of the house and doing something different when the weather is not co-operating for being outside.

In the summer time there are TONS of parks to take your kids to. Most of which have swings, climbers, and other play equipment to use. You can make lunch fun too by packing a picnic lunch.

The bowling alley on Dougall has bumpers they put in for the kids and these neat racks that you roll the ball down and it makes it much easier for the kids. We took my 3 children ages 10, 6 and 4. They all really enjoyed it and can't wait to do it again.

Colasanti Tropical Gardens is great for kids

My sister lives in Windsor and when we bring the kids down for a visit we have gone to Colasanti Tropical Gardens. They have great indoor rides (like a train and circling airplanes), animal petting, and lots of other stuff to do.

now that Halloween is right around the corner, what are some fun festive things to do? Nothing too scary, stuff you can do with 6 year olds... any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by yungmum View Post
    The bowling alley on Dougall has bumpers they put in for the kids and these neat racks that you roll the ball down and it makes it much easier for the kids. We took my 3 children ages 10, 6 and 4. They all really enjoyed it and can't wait to do it again.
    that sounds pretty fun, and a nice option if the weather isn't the best. Do you have to request a rack ahead of time?

Our kids are 1 and 3; we take them all over. We've taken them to Point Pelee, Ojibway Park, Walks by the river and stop at the play yards, XS family fun centre, Monkey Town, Swimming, chuckie Cheese (don't eat there) and fairs. We want to try bowling next...

LeeLee Hats offers free knitting/crochet/looming classes for kids and parents. We make hats for the NICU babies and it is a free program offered twice a month.

Please check us out on facebook or email us at leeleehats@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast