Thread: Any thoughts on why it is so difficult to form a band in Windsor?

Cool Any thoughts on why it is so difficult to form a band in Windsor?

You would think with such a high unemployment rate there would be alot of musicians ready to play but it takes 3-4 days for anyone to respond to an email or phone message and thats if they contact you at all. They all seem to want to be in the best band Windsor has ever seen/heard but they cant seem to follow through with the necessary steps needed. Ureka now I know why musicians play the same 30-40 songs over and over. Its easy and takes up none of their valuable time. So much for being in the best band in the city.

lol damn. goodluck man

I would like to know if you want to try out,,for my band?

I tried to start my own band a year ago.

I managed to find a rhythm guitar player first, and the two of us jammed for about three months before I found drummer, and another two months before I found a lead guitar player. It took another month to find a singer. A month later the band was history.

Oh, I had other people that wanted to join the band, but they didn't want to put in the work needed to get enough songs to carry us through a gig of three sets, at 45 minutes a set per night.

When I told them that my plan was to get at least 45 songs 'down pat', before even trying to get gigs, they bowed out.

It seems they just wanted to pop into an established band that has done all of the work already and had gigs lined up.

I'm in a Latin band now, playing contemporary Mexican music (basically Mexican rock)....with the members from all parts of Essex county, from Tilbury to Amherstburg.

The members are willing to put in the work needed to eventually play gigs when we are ready, which is only weeks away now.

It's a new challenge for me on bass, and I can guarantee these aren't the "same 30-40 songs over and over" that you hear other bands do.

Keep trying and you too might find a suitable band.

If it's worth doing then it is worth the time and effort you put into it....however long it takes.

Have you tried contacts from around the county instead of just from Windsor?
    Last edited by scamp; 12-06-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Talking

I hear ya, I'm trying to put together a trio....so far I have a guitar player and still looking for keyboards. I'll keep my ears open if you keep yours open Have you tried asking at music stores?